Tamar Makharadze, PhD in Public Policy, Associate Professor, Head of Disability Research Center
- Mental health ,
- Social policy,
Tamar Makharadze, PhD in Public Policy,
Associate Professor, Head of Disability Research Center Tamar.email@example.com
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
Member of Georgian Association of Social Workers.
- Research project “ Employment of persons with disabilities in Georgia – Lessons from Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic” – funded by the International Visegrad Foundation
- EU Funded project “Quality Enhancement and Capacity Building Support Program in VET Sector of Georgia
- GIZ funded project ” Evaluation of Environmental Education in Georgia “
- OSI funded Research Project studying problems of the care givers of adolescents with developmental disabilities in Georgia
- Caucasus Research Resource Center (CRRC) Research Publication Fellowship – Comparative Analysis of Disability Policy in USA and Georgia
- Contemporary Social Problems
- Human Behavior in Social Environment
- Social Work with Groups and Organizations
- Mental Health Policy
Principal and Recent (last 5 years) Publications
- Makharadze T. (2010) Social Integration of adults with intellectual disabilities - Lessons from Poland and the United States. International Social Work 53 (1): 1-13
- Makharadze T., Kitiashvili A. & Bricout J. (2010) Community Based Day-Care Services for People with Intellectual Disabilities in Georgia – A Step Forward Toward Their Social Integration. Journal of Intellectual Disabilities 14 (4): 289-301
- Sumbadze, N. & Makharadze,T (2010). Interpersonal Relationships. Tbilisi: Porma (in Georgian)
- Makharadze,T. (2013) . Encouragement of Employment of Persons wth Disabilities – Handbook for Employeers. Caritas.
- Makharadze,T.,Ratiani, M., Sumabdze, N., Maisuradze, M, Zhvania, I., Abashidze, T, & Kitiashvili A. (2014). Evaluation of Envitonemental Education in Georgia. LEPL Environmental Information and Education Centre, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia.